New York City Mentor Circles are back! In partnership with Aerie, we’re bringing New York two OKREAL mentor circles only on March 19th and 20th. Hosted by yours truly, we are only accepting five women per circle, completely free of charge, discussing two topics close to my heart: Name & Claim Your Life and Motherhood. Post circle you’ll have an army of women behind you and a list of action items to help you move forward in the right direction (with your shoulders thrown back.)
Name and Claim Your Life
March 19 | 9.30AM-1.30PM | NYC
Life is not about finding yourself, it’s about building yourself. This circle will be focused on identifying values, developing strengths, and how to build a purposeful life that’s in line with who you are.
March 20 | 9.30AM-1.30PM | NYC
Whether you have children already, are thinking about motherhood, or currently expecting, this circle will focus on what it means to be a mother, no sugarcoating involved. As a single mother of a one year old, I plan on learning as much from the group as I can.
MENTOR CIRCLE GUIDE:
PLEASE READ BEFORE APPLYING
• An intimate, guided session of conversation and connection with a group of women who we think will be a good match for you.
• An invaluable network of women to support you beyond this three and a half hour session.
• Breakfast snacks
• Access to our private Facebook mentor group (also known as the OKREAL illuminati). Need a designer, intern, collaborator, friend, accountant? This is where you’ll find it. Future and past mentor circle participants also have access to this group, so your network of curated (international) industry contacts will continue to expand—enabling your opportunity to grow right along with it.
How to apply
- Read the Mentor Circle Guide.
- Submit your application here.
- If you are invited to join, you will receive an email from us. You must accept the invite within eight hours, or we will pass along to someone else. Note: these circles are free of charge.
- If it takes a while for you to receive an invite, this is a reflection of the amount of applications we receive (Not you! You are great!), and the fact we can only take a limited number of women at a time. If we can’t place you in this particular group, we will keep your information on hand for our next circle series.
- Heads up! Video footage and imagery from these circles will be used across aerie.com and okreal.co, and we’ll be filming mini Q&A’s with the women selected. There will be a disclosure form to sign on the day.
“I went into the mentor circle not knowing exactly what to expect. That time we each spent sharing our stories turned out to be magical—the other women in my group were so insightful, and Amy was an amazing support and facilitator of the conversation. She interjected naturally while letting the circle members lead, offering amazing nuggets of wisdom along the way. She listened not only to what was being said but how each of us was saying it—having these outside perspectives on our own problems from angles we couldn’t ourselves see was immensely helpful. I ended up walking out with clear action items, and a stack of post-its distilling all of the wisdom that was shared with me during that time. The whole experience was incredible cathartic, helpful, and inspiring, and I would recommend a circle to any woman looking for genuine support, advice, and community.”—Susannah
“There’s something about the kind of woman who seeks out an OKREAL circle… they’re inspired, driven, and value the input and strength of women coming together. Coming in and getting unbiased opinions from strangers who are driven like you is something invaluable.” ——Ariel
“I was feeling really overwhelmed and anxious trying to juggle my professional and personal goals. It was such a relief to sit with supportive, like-minded women and receive sincere advice and learn that I’m not alone.” ——Kate
Brought to you by: