Putting yourself out there is hard. Especially if it’s new territory. You can read countless motivational articles, try to convince yourself that failure is ‘part of the process’, but then you actually have to get up off the couch. You’ll keep researching (aka procrastinating) until you’re ‘ready’, but ready never comes. People will say things like ‘fake it ‘til you make it’, but, um, what if you don’t know how to fake it?
Or you can be like Miki Agrawal, founder of THINX: the period underwear brand committed to breaking the menstruation taboo (PS How are periods still gross in 2016?!). Prior to THINX, Miki’s roles included bank analyst, semi-professional soccer player, film and TV producer, restaurateur, author. She has tried a ton of new things. She has failed and succeeded along the way. But what I’m most interested in is how she has continuously thrown herself at new roles and businesses, that I’m pretty sure she never felt 100% confident about.
In our live interview, I’ll be asking Miki questions like: How do you dig up the courage to move forward when don’t know what you’re doing? And: How do you get over yourself and get on with it?
You will love this if:
• You want to get better at saying: “Sure, I can figure it out.” When you 100% do not know how to figure it out.
• You struggle with finding confidence to try new things.
• You want to rise above your fear, be bold, and do great things.
• You’re in over your head in an area of your life, and need tips on how to deal.
• You need a little help in the humility department (aka loosening up and being OK with making mistakes).
Your ticket includes:
• A mini OKREAL worksheet for you to capture your thoughts and goals.
• A treat from THINX.
• The opportunity to ask Miki questions directly in our Q&A.
• Wine, beer and snacks.
• The chance to hang out with a rad group of women who you might end up collaborating or getting coffee with.
Grab an early bird while you can!
This event is free for WeWork members. Membership will be checked at door.