WHAT IS AN OKREAL MENTOR CIRCLE?
OKREAL Mentor Circles are intimate group sessions that facilitate results-driven conversation between likeminded women. Mentor circles enable participants to connect and learn from one another in a supportive environment, using mentorship as a tool to reach goals, overcome challenges, and encourage one another to succeed. We discuss what we’re going through, share what works and what doesn’t, come to solutions together, and hook each other up with contacts.
WE HOST TWO KINDS OF MENTOR CIRCLES:
Public Mentor Circles
If you are an individual wanting to attend, please apply here. Fee per individual is $200.
Private Mentor Circles for businesses, teams and organizations
If you would like to inquire about mentor circles for your team, please get in touch directly: firstname.lastname@example.org
CAN I PARTICIPATE ONLINE?
We have an exciting online mentor program coming soon to OKREAL. Sign up here to be the first to know.
WHAT KIND OF WOMEN PARTICIPATE?
Our mentor circles are not just focused on careers, they cover the messy life stuff that we’re all trying to figure out. We host women at all stages of life experience: working in corporate companies, navigating tough relationships, running their own businesses, mothers, women trying to launch their own brands, in-between jobs, women who don’t want kids, women wanting to expand their community, who are trying to figure out what’s next and how to get there. The commonality? Women who are invested in their next step, but know there’s more to life than just being a ‘boss.’ Women who are striving to define and create their own version of fulfillment, and live life on their own terms.
OKREAL MENTOR CIRCLE BENEFITS
• To give participants the opportunity to discuss goals and obstacles in a safe space
• To encourage an open dialogue about current challenges and support each other in finding solutions
• To improve leadership by giving senior-level women the chance to gain insight from junior level women
• To provide junior level women with the opportunity to receive mentorship from a senior level
• For extending participant’s networks and providing them with resources to level up
• To elevate women both in life and in the workplace through community building
WHO RUNS THE MENTOR CIRCLE?
Mentor Circles are led by OKREAL founder Amy Fraser. Amy has led hundreds of women in mentor circles throughout New York City, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Auckland, New Zealand—and has coached a number of these women individually. Amy has been recognized for her work with women in Forbes and The Wall Street Journal, with clients including TED, Nike, Mattel, Adidas and Aerie.
IS AMY THE MENTOR?
Not necessarily! Amy will act as a guide for each group, but ALL women who attend will be co-mentoring each other. Don’t worry if you’re at the start of your journey or if you’ve never been in a group like this before—everyone gets an equal amount of time to speak and to be heard.
WHEN + WHERE DO CIRCLES HAPPEN?
2019 times and locations TBD! We welcome you to apply here in the meantime.
HOW DO PUBLIC MENTOR CIRCLES WORK?
• Each circle is made up of five participants carefully chosen from our application process. We put together a group of women who are going to be able to relate, connect and benefit from each other. This is an invaluable network of women to support you beyond the four hour session. Circles are based on themes such as leadership, transition, confidence.
• Pre-session, participants fill out a customized questionnaire providing insight into each individual’s needs. Based on the predetermined theme and individual responses, Amy or an OKREAL ambassador guides the group through a 4–hour session, using a peer-to-peer mentor model that allows for feedback from all members of the circle. Using circle feedback and revelations, participants then set action items and collect notes specific to their goals and concerns. The circle is completed with an evaluation exercise, followed by a distribution of key insights and accountability exercises.
Each participant gains access to our private Facebook mentor group. Here, we post breakthroughs and key learnings after each event. You’ll have insight on what goes down in each mentor circle, not just your own. Future circle participants will also have access to this group, so your network of curated industry contacts will continue to expand—enabling your opportunity to grow right along with it.
HOW DO PRIVATE MENTOR CIRCLES WORK FOR BUSINESSES?
We produce customized mentor circles for internal teams within companies. Please contact us at email@example.com to discuss your business needs.
WHAT DO YOU LOOK FOR IN APPLICATIONS?
A woman with a big heart.
ANYTHING ELSE I NEED TO KNOW?
• You will be there to share just as much as you are there to receive. You will be willing to listen just as much as you are there to talk. This thing goes two ways!
• We share emails after each mentor circle, with the objective of participants staying in contact and helping each other out in future.
HOW DO I APPLY?
I APPLIED. WHAT NOW?
• If you are invited to join, you will receive an email from us. You must accept the invite within eight hours, or we will pass along to someone else. Please only apply if you are serious about attending.
• If it takes a while for you to receive an invite, this is a reflection of the amount of applications we receive (Not you! You are great!), and the fact we can only take a limited number of women at a time. Please be patient and know that it might take a while for us to place you in a group. There is no need to email us to follow up, we have your information.
WHAT DO PAST PARTICIPANTS HAVE TO SAY?
The mentor circle was a fantastic experience. I was inspired by the entire table of motivated women. As a creative leader I can sometimes have risk-averse tendencies and this evening with these inspiring self-starters was a gift, a message to me to not shy away from the edge or from taking flight with new ideas and possibilities. Thank you to Amy for bringing us together.
—Amanda Havey, Vice President
I went into the mentor circle not knowing exactly what to expect, and wondering how it would be possible to come away with action items when I myself was unsure what a clear challenge or goal even was for me (and within what seemed to me a relatively short period of time). The time we each spent sharing our stories turned out to be magical—the other women in my group were so insightful, and Amy was an amazing support and facilitator of the conversation. She interjected naturally while letting the circle members lead, offering amazing nuggets of wisdom along the way. She listened not only to what was being said but how each of us was saying it—having these outside perspectives on our own problems from angles we couldn’t ourselves see was immensely helpful. I ended up walking out with clear action items, and a stack of notes distilling all of the wisdom that was shared with me during that time. The whole experience was incredible cathartic, helpful, and inspiring, and I would recommend a circle to any woman looking for genuine support, advice, and community. —Susannah Hainely, Creative Strategist
I’ve been feeling the need to change up my professional world and look for a new position recently, and have been overwhelmed with the idea of making a change and knowing when and how to do so. This circle provided an incredible safe space in which to voice my concerns and reservations and receive some well needed perspective. The overall experience was so affirming, warm, and empowering that I was truly floored. I went in fairly terrified at the thought of sharing my experience and feeling uncertain that it would be beneficial or constructive, but I am happy to say that I was completely wrong in my assumptions. The mentor circle structure offered a different way of looking at, and engaging with our situations, and it was so comforting to hear that there were other women out there, facing some of the same struggles. —Gina Schiappacasse, Press Liason
Wow. Just wow. I had no idea what to expect coming into this, but I knew I really needed to be heard and connect with people who were willing to listen. The overwhelming amount of support, the deep connections, and outpouring love combined with a legitimately judgement-free zone was such an incredibly powerful experience. Wikitoria, Financial Advisor