Couldn’t make it to the event IRL? Email email@example.com for an OKAWAY ticket. For just $15 we’ll send you the audio file.
For a long time, the question “What Do You Do?” gave me anxiety. Even if I was making money from creative projects, I never felt legit enough to call myself an artist or a writer. I had an idea of who those people were and it wasn’t me. It takes guts to create your own role and even more guts to say it out loud. Especially when people have a pre-conceived idea of who you are. So what is it that makes you legit? Is it someone else saying you are? Does your work count if it doesn’t make you any money? What makes you deserving of a title?
I’m going to be hashing these questions out in an interactive interview with actress and director Bonnie Wright. Best known for her role as Ginny Weasley in the Harry Potter films, Bonnie has since pursued a directing career alongside acting roles and launched a production company in 2012: BonBonLumiere. Being widely recognized as an actress yet pursuing an alternative direction, Bonnie is super familiar with the self-doubt that comes with stepping beyond others’ expectations, and how to get over it and keep moving.
You will love this if you:
• Want to drop the feeling that you need permission to do or ‘be’ something.
• Don’t value your work unless someone external does.
• Feel undeserving of your title even though you do the thing every day.
• Your insecurities are getting in the way of you creating or progressing with your craft.
Your ticket gets you:
• An hour-long interactive interview followed by a Q&A session with Bonnie.
• A customized OKREAL notebook for you to jot down your thoughts throughout the discussion.
• Coffee provided by Happy Bones and morning snacks.
• The opportunity to meet with other likeminded women who you may end up getting coffee or collaborating with.
This will be an intimate session and limited tickets are available.
For those who want to take part but can’t make it, we’ve added an OKAWAY ticket so you can listen to the interview on your own time. By purchasing an OKAWAY ticket, you’ll receive an audio recording from the live event. You’ll also get to hear the Q&A session with the audience afterward.
This is not a livestream, so it doesn’t matter where in the world you are—you’ll have the file to listen to whenever you please.
Audio will be sent straight to your inbox on April 29, 2016. Tickets are on sale for a limited time, so get in while you can!